Pediatrics and neonatal department at OMAN INTERNATIONAL HOSPITAL caters to all the needs of children and newborn. We offer a whole array of specialty care services for not only children and adolescents but also for infants and newborns. Our expert team of doctors provides offers state-of-the art tertiary care in various pediatric specialties. The center has an outstanding team of pediatric specialists covering many sub-specialties in pediatrics to provide comprehensive management of problems of neonates and children. Our Children and newborn centre has the back up of well-equipped Pediatric and neonatal intensive care units to provide lifesaving treatment and supportive management of many pediatrics and neonatal emergencies. We have 24x7 specialist pediatric services and consultation for all newborn and pediatric patients coming for emergency services.
At OMAN INTERNATIONAL HOSPITAL we’re always learning, growing, and exploring in our effort to deliver the highest quality, compassionate, family-centered care.
- Our NICU is well equipped with incubators, transport incubator, radiant warmers.
- All high-risk newborns will be admitted in the NICU for monitoring till they are stable enough for rooming in their mother’s arm.
- NICU is equipped with ventilator, cardiac monitors, infusion and syringe pumps, blue Bili lights (PHOTOTHERAPY UNITS ) for management of neonatal jaundice , pulse oximeters and CPAP machine.
- Well trained Pediatricians in neonatal care along with trained NICU nurses.
Our child and newborn center of also offers facilities for transport of critically ill newborns and child.
- For all newborns delivered at our WOMEN, CHILD AND NEWBORN CENTRE we offer following:
- Trained Pediatrician in Newborn resuscitation in all C-Sections and high-risk deliveries to assist smooth transition of your newborn baby from mother’s womb to outer world.
- Daily checkup of all newborns in maternity ward by expert specialist Doctors for various neonatal problems till the time of discharge for -
- Feeding issues of newborn and infants Colic, Reflux, and constipation
- Vomiting and reflux
- Neonatal infections / sepsis
- Neonatal jaundice
- Screening for any congenital anomalies
- Screening for Cardiac murmur and congenital heart defects
- G6PD deficiency screening
- Department of Audiology for hearing scan
- Screening of newborn baby at birth for infections
- Thyroid disorders
- Neonatal jaundice
We have level 2 NICU with facilities for management of -
- Neonatal Sepsis
- Hypoglycemia and electrolyte disbalance
- Poor feeding
- Respiratory Distress
- Treatment for Neonatal jaundice by Phototherapy, Exchange transfusion
- Respiratory support and timely intervention and supportive therapy for hemodynamically unstable babies
- Along with facilities for transport of critically sick babies with severe to moderate Birth Asphyxia, Persistent pulmonary hypertension and congenital heart disease and life threatening congenital anomalies to tertiary level regional NICU.
Well Baby Clinic-
- Follow up of all newborn till 6 weeks of age from the time of birth for all babies out born and inborn for assessment of Feeding issues ,adequate weight gain , neonatal jaundice , infections and screening for cardiac murmurs.
- Neurodevelopmental assessment of all infants from neonatal period
- Its mandatory to get your babies examined for all-round developmental milestones at 3- 5 days , 2 weeks , 2months, 4months, 6 months, 9months,12 months, 15 months 18 months , 2years , 2 ½ years, 3 years , 4 years , and 5 years .
- Nutritional assessment and physical checkup for anthropometric assessment as per as standard growth charts.
High risk follow up clinic – for Neurological & Developmental assessment, Hearing and Vision screening.
- For all NICU graduates-who had
- Prolonged NICU stay
- Mild to moderate Birth Asphyxia
- Babies who had neonatal sepsis
- Neonatal seizures and CNS infections
- Syndromic babies
- Neonatal jaundice requiring phototherapy.
For timely advice and intervention to diagnose and treat developmental delay.
Immunization clinic from newborn period till Adolescence
- We offer routine vaccination program for all newborns till 2 yrs of age which include:
- Vaccination program as per MOH guidelines – HEP B, HEXAVALENT ( DPTap, IPV, HEP B , HIB ), PENTAVALENT , PNEUMOCOCCAL,HEPATITIS A , VARICELLA , MMR , VITAMIN A
- Optional vaccines and additional vaccines like:
- COVID VACCINATION above 12 yrs
- INFLUENZA VACCINATION
- HPV / CERVICAL CANCER AND ANAL WARTS VACCINE
- Tdap vaccine for 10 yrs
Plan your first cuddle with your Angel
Your Bundle of Joy.
AT OMAN INTERNATIONAL HOSPITAL
WOMEN & CHILD’s CENTRE