Ortho & Spine Centre of Excellence
Spine injuries and conditions are extremely delicate and require an appropriate treatment plan for each situation for effective and immediate treatment, as well as to ensure the health of your spine in the future. At OMAN INTERNATIONAL HOSPITAL you will find a group of international experts in Neurophysiology, Neuroradiology, Neurosurgery, Orthopedic Spine Surgery, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, and Sports Medicine who will guarantee the best treatment for you. Your recovery is our focus, and with our world-class experience, you couldn’t be in better hands. Spine conditions such as Back Pain, Degenerative Disc Disease, Herniated Disc, Myelopathy, Neck Pain, Radiculopathy, Sciatica, Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Spondylosis, and Spondylolisthesis are some of the critical conditions our specialists deal with daily, to ensure the best possible quality of life for all who suffer from these delicate conditions. Some of the Spine Treatments available at OMAN INTERNATIONAL HOSPITAL are Bone Graft, Bone Graft Substitutes, Bracing, Cervical Disc Replacement, Discography, Electrotherapy, Endoscopic Microdiscectomy, Nerve Blocks, Minimally Invasive Surgery, and Radiofrequency Procedures.
We treat the conditions listed below:
- Sports injuries including ACL reconstruction, meniscal repair
- Partial meniscectomy, and rotator cuff repair
- Osteonecrosis (avascular necrosis of bone)
- Joint injuries: Ligaments and Cartilage injuries
- Muscle and Tendon injuries
- Lacerations (cuts) & wounds from trauma
- Joint pain and swelling
- Back & neck pain
- All kinds of fractures including complex fractures and revision surgeries
- Limb pain
- Bone and joint infections
- Nerve compression and injuries
- Congenital and acquired Dislocated joints
- Bone, muscle, and tendon tumors
- Inflamed joints: gout, rheumatoid arthritis
- Congenital and acquired limb deformities
- Limb length inequality, short or tall stature
- Discs prolapse
- Congenital and acquired spine deformities
Lifestyle adjustment, exercise modifications, physiotherapy, orthotics (special shoes or braces), and appropriate medications.
Injections are given to treat the disease and control the symptoms. They are used when medications are no longer effective.
Minimal Invasive Procedures
The procedures are performed through keyhole surgeries.
- Arthroscopic surgeries – Arthroscopy procedures for all major joints including the knee, shoulder, ankle, elbow wrist, and hip joints.
- Cartilage repair – repair of injured tissues through keyhole surgery
- Partial meniscectomy and Meniscal repair
- Ligament or Tendon Repair – repair of torn ligaments through keyhole surgery like Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) repair or Rotator Cuff Repair.
- Ligament Reconstruction – replacing a damaged ligament using a tendon from the patient him or herself, e.g., ACL or posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) reconstruction
- Torn Tendon Repair: Repair of torn tendons, e.g., Achilles tendon repair
- Deformity Correction: Correction of the bone deformity without big wounds, e.g., hallux valgus (bunion) correction and deformities around the knee.
Fixation of all kinds of fractures including complex injuries and revision surgeries.
Reconstructing lost bone
OIH ensures an integrated clinical information between multidisciplinary teams to produce the best diagnoses and therapeutic solutions.
Want to get in touch? We’d love to hear from you. Here’s how you can reach us…